Don't Forget Your PATH 5-Cents-Per-Meal Offer
by Barbara Sayles, CFP Hunger Action Advocate
Your PATH Partners are doing some great work because of your continuous support:
- MADAGASCAR FRUIT & VEGETABLE ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION (FVEE) Program is training Seminary students, pastors and small farmers how to plant and grow fruit trees and gardens to help support themselves, their families and their congregations. Tens of thousands of fruit trees and vegetable gardens have been successfully grown and bear fruit because of your support.
- AIR Guatemala (Alliance International for Reforestation of Guatemala) has been able to plant millions of trees and reforest much of Guatemala because of your support.
- SOCIETY OF ST ANDREW gleans and salvages millions of pounds of fresh nutritious produce every year with your support and distributes this healthy food to food banks and pantries statewide for people in need of food assistance.
- SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK Your support helps the food bank provide millions of meals and food boxes to families in need across Central Florida, summer meals for students when school is out and school meals are not available, and their Culinary Training program trains people in all aspects of culinary work as well as life skills, budgeting, etc and has a 100% job placement record!
- In addition to your four PATH Partners, your support helps churches provide meals and groceries to their communities through small grants from PATH. Application for small grants is on the Presbytery website.