PYC is very excited to invite you to glean with the Society of St. Andrew (SoSA) on Saturday, November 19, 2022 at Long & Scott Farms in Mount Dora. The Society of St. Andrew brings people together to harvest and share healthy food, reduce food waste, and build caring communities by offering nourishing food to hungry neighbors.
Gleaning is such a great opportunity to serve our community. In 2021 the Florida chapter of SoSA gleaned 9,341,471 pounds of food; that equals 37,365,884 individual servings provided to those in need and providing a valuable clearing of the fields for our commercial farmers. Check out their impact study.
These numbers are impressive but mission continues. Join the 4,500+ SoSA volunteers
I just finished updating the Youth Ministries webpage this morning and added more details, including how to register. Registration is a little different this time. To insure we have enough spots and track who has signed up our date is password protected and does not appear unless you enter sparks in the password field. You can follow these 10 easy steps:
- Go to the SoSA volunteer webpage https://endhunger.org/florida/
- Click the green box titled "View Volunteer Calendar" on the right
- If you have volunteered before scroll to the bottom and enter your name and email. If you have not volunteered for SoSA before, you will need to create a profile
- Once on the registration page look under where you see Hello, "Name". Find the box to submit a password and type sparks
- Click submit
- Now our event will show in the list highlighted in yellow
- Select the highlighted Saturday, November 19th Field Gleaning
- Scroll to the bottom and select the box for the waiver
- Input your name and click the grey box "Sign Up To Volunteer"
- You can add additional names for those joining you but selecting the "Add" button just above the waiver section.
Contact Kenne Sparks for more information at 407.422.7125 ext 209 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to register is Friday, November 11, 2022. Please join us for this fall event.